220g of All Purpose Flour
60g Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
1 Large Egg
120g Warm Whole Milk
40g Melted Butter
7g Instant Dry Yeast (1 packet)
GLAZE (ABOUT 3/4 WAS USED)
120g Powdered Sugar
20ml Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1. Add your warm whole milk, melted butter, egg and instant yeast to a bowl and whisk together. Set to the side.
2. Now add all your dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to avoid clumping. Then combine the wet with the dry and mix till you have a dough ball.
3. Next up is kneading the dough. I spray a little bit of cooking spray on my hands to make the dough a bit easier to work with. Now knead your dough for about 6-8 minutes.
4. Add the dough to a bowl that’s been sprayed with non-stick butter spray. Add plastic wrap on top and let rise for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, the dough should have at least doubled in size. Add to your floured surface and knead the dough one more time for another 6-8 minutes. Then roll out until it’s about 1/5 of an inch. Then use your biscuit cutter to cut out the donuts. Bigger one for the donut and then the smaller one to cut out the middle. Carefully transfer the donuts to a pan covered in parchment paper to let sit till all 12 donuts are formed. You’ll probably need to roll out the dough 3-4 times to get all 12 donuts.
6. Preheat your air fryer to 350 Degrees F. Once preheated, spray the tray with non-stick butter spray. Then carefully add your donuts to the air fryer (I could fit 4) without deflating or changing their shape. Spray tops with non-stick butter spray and air fryer on 350 Degrees F for 3 minutes.
7. Once done, dip in your glaze and let sit on the cooling rack till the icing has set. Then it’s time to enjoy! HIGHLY recommend eating these fresh aka when they are still warm from the initial air frying!