INGREDIENTS FOR GRIDDLE CAKES (MAKES 12 CAKES):
120g All Purpose Flour
60g Flex Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (or protein of your choice) Code “FDL” saves you 15%
30g Oatmeal Cream Pie Protein Cookie Butter Powder
24g Coconut Flour
8g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
8g Baking Powder
150g Egg Whites
300ml Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
60g Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
REST OF INGREDIENTS (FOR 2 SANDWICHES):
2 Large Eggs
3 Slices Center Cut Bacon
2 Slices 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Add all your dry griddle cake ingredients into a bowl and mix to avoid clumping. Then add your wet ingredients and mix till all is combined.
2. Now preheat your pan to a 5/10 heat. Spray the inside rings of your silicone egg circles and your pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add your circles to your pan and add 1/12th of your batter to each. Add a cover on top to help them cook evenly.
3. Once you see the bubbles coming out of the top of your cakes, carefully take off the silicone circles and then flip the cakes. Cook on that side for a few minutes. Repeat this process for all your cakes.
4. Once your cakes are down, spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray and add your bacon. Add to the same preheated pan and cook until the bacon is crispy. Add bacon to a paper towel to help crisp up.
5. Take the same silicone circles and repeat the same process you did with the cakes. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add to your pan. Let them sit on the pan for about a minute to let the bottom of them warm up. This is important because this will make sure the eggs you are about to add to them do not come out the bottom.
6. Now take your 2 large eggs and whisk. Add 1/2 of the eggs to each silicone circle and add a cover on top of the pan to help them cook evenly. Cook till the tops are only wet to the touch but not super runny aka you can take the silicone circle off and the top egg whites won’t go falling off the side.
7. Once everything is ready, add one of your cakes to your pan now on a 2/10 heat. Build your sandwiches with the pro tip being to brush some pancake syrup on the bottom half of the top cake to take it to the next level! Add cover on top of pan and let them heat back up for a few minutes. Then enjoy!