French Toast Sticks
6 slices of bread of your choice (I use Sara Lee 45 calorie bread)
30g Level-1 or Protein of Choice
10g Powdered Sugar (you can use a low cal version to lower the macros)
8g White Chocolate Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding Mix
2g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
80g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
100g Egg Whites
8g Ground Cinnamon
2g Maple Extract
Optional: Low Calorie Syrup (not included in macros)
1. Add protein powder, powdered sugar, pudding mix, and sweetener into a bowl. Mix to avoid clumping. Slowly add cold water and mix and repeat until there is a thick icing like consistency. Now add greek yogurt and mix. Add to freezer for about 10 minutes to thicken up.
2. Take 6 slices of bread and roll as flat as you can with a rolling pin.
3. Once filling has been in the freezer for about 10 minutes and has thickened up, take one slice of bread and spread 1/6th of filling onto the bread leaving about half an inch not covered in frosting. Now tightly roll the bread starting from the bottom to the top that doesn’t have the frosting on it until it’s all rolled up. Repeat this process with all 6 sticks and add them to the freezer for about 20 minutes. This is really important for when they are added to the pan so that the frosting doesn’t melt out.
4. Once the sticks have been in the freezer for about 20 minutes add 100g of egg whites, 8g of cinnamon and 2g of maple extract to a bowl big enough to dip the entire stick in.
5. Preheat the stove top pan on a 5 out of 10 heat. Spray the stove top pan once preheated with non stick cooking spray. Add the french toast sticks into the egg white mixture bowl then into the stove top pan.
6. Add them to the pan and cook them on each side for about 90 seconds each (4 sides). Once all of the sides are golden take them off, add your low cal maple syrup to a small bowl and enjoy these delicious french toast sticks!