2 Deli Hoagie Rolls
10oz Chicken Breast
100g Flour (only used 50g of it. Just have more in the bowl to make it easier to coat chicken)
100g Panko (only used 80g of it)
Large Egg (half was leftover)
100g Egg Whites (half was left over)
42g Part Skim Mozzarella
Fresh Chopped Basil & Spinach
* This recipe makes 2 subs but you’ll see that I make 4 chicken breasts. I only used 1 chicken breast for the actual subs.
1. Flatten your chicken breast to about an inch or so thick. I use my fist to do it because it’s convenient but you can use whatever you like.
2. Next, you’ll need 3 shallow bowls for the coating of the chicken breasts. One bowl with the flour and Italian seasoning. Whisk to combine.
3. The second bowl will be the egg and egg whites. Once added, whisk them together. Lastly, add the panko to a bowl with more Italian seasoning.
4. Now it’s time to coat the chicken breasts. First, add to your flour. Coat well and then shake off any excess before adding to the egg.
5. Now add to the egg bowl and make sure all of the chicken breast is coated with the egg. Then add to your panko bowl and coat the whole chicken breast. Repeat this process for all 4 of your chicken breasts.
6. Now spray your air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray and add your chicken breast to the air fryer. Spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray and then air fry on 360 Degrees F for 10 Minutes.
7. Once those are done, slice your hoagie rolls in half and add to the air fryer for 2 minutes at 350 degrees F to toast.
8. Then take one of your chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise. Add each half to your hoagie rolls and then top with your marinara, part skim mozzarella and fresh chopped basil & spinach. Add back to the air fryer at 360 degrees F for 3 or so minutes until the cheese is golden. Then enjoy!