2 Medium Size Russet Potatoes (about 700g Total)
12g Corn Starch
Non Stick Butter Spray (added 1g Fat per Hash brown)
1. Peel the skin off your potatoes. Then grate and add to a bowl of cold water. Let those soak for 15-20 minutes.
2. After 15-20 minutes, drain your potatoes in a colander to get out most of the water. Then add the rest of your potatoes to a cloth (I just used a regular towel instead of cheese cloth) and squeeze out the rest of the excess water. This is essential to getting these super crispy.
3. Add the potatoes back to your bowl and add your corn starch, sea salt and garlic powder. Mix together well.
4. Preheat your dash mini waffle makers (only $9.99 on amazon and one of my favorite kitchen gadgets) and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1/8th of your hash browns to the waffle maker and cook for about 3ish minutes or until the waffle stays together on its own. This is super important for when you are going to put them in the air fryer. Add to the cooling rack once they’re finished in the waffle maker.
5. Repeat this process for all your hashbrowns. Once they’re all made into waffles or when you have enough to fill up your air fryer, add them to the air fryer and air fry on 400 degrees F for 9 minutes. Flip after 5 minutes. Then it’s time to enjoy!