Cheese Dog Bread Boat
2 Deli Style Medium Sub Rolls (can find from any bakery)
2 Chicken Sausages (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
50g Egg Whites
84g Light Shredded Mozzarella
80g Pasta Sauce
8g Turkey Pepperoni
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Take the sub roll and slice off the top, then remove the bread from the middle.
2. To track the macros on this properly, place the Kaiser roll on the food scale after removing the middle part of the bread. Mine weighed 36g and a normal, medium sub roll weighs around 66g.
3. Add some egg wash to the rolls, then add them to the oven for 4-6 minutes until golden.
4. While the rolls are cooking, take the sausages and poke holes into them. Cook the sausages on a stove top pan with a cover on top on 6/10 heat. Continue to roll the sausages every minute until all of it is golden.
5. When the bread is done, add your sausages and 28g of your cheese to each. Add the pizza sauce, the rest of your cheese, and pepperoni to the top slice. Put them back in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
6. Enjoy the CRUNCH with every bite!