12 Light Mozzarella Stick (mine were 3g Fat per)
100g All Purpose Flour (only use 50g of it but have extra to make it easier to coat them with)
Dash of Sea Salt, Garlic Powder
150g Flamin Hot Cheetos (this is the amount I actually used, not how much was in the bowl total)
100g Egg Whites
1. Food process your flamin hot cheetos till they are a fine powder like consistency. Add those to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, add your egg and egg whites. Whisk those together. In your last shallow bowl, add your flour, sea salt and garlic powder. Whisk those together.
2. Now use the left hand/right hand technique, add your mozzarella stick into your flour with your left hand. Coat well and shake off any of the excess. Then add the mozzarella stick into the egg bowl and coat with your right hand. Make sure all the mozzarella sticks have been covered by the egg. Lastly, add to your cheetos bowl and coat well with your left hand.
3. Now repeat this process with that same mozzarella stick. The double coat is important for the cheese to stay on the inside. Repeat this process for all your mozzarella sticks.
4. Add to a plate and add to the freezer for at least 2 hours. These need to be frozen solid so when you air fry them, the outsides will get crispy and the inside will be perfectly melty when it’s done cooking. If you don’t let them freeze, the cheese will come spilling out and you’ll have a flat mozzarella stick.
5. Once frozen, preheat your air fryer to 390 Degrees F. THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT! If you don’t preheat it, the mozzarella stick will actually thaw out in the air fryer while it’s going from cold to the 390 Degrees F.
6. Once preheated, spray the tray with non-stick cooking spray and then add your mozzarella sticks in there making sure none are touching. Spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray and then air fry for 5 minutes. Once done, it’s time to enjoy those cheese pulls for days!