12 Slices of Bread of your choice (I used Butterbread)
120g No Sugar Added Blueberry Jam
100g Egg Whites
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING:
32g Protein Cheesecake Frosting per Pop Tart
1. First, take a pizza cutter and cut off all the crusts of your bread. The macros per slice of bread lowers when you remove the crust. It changes the macros to as if you had 1.5 slices of bread instead of 2.
2. Once that is done, take a rolling pin and roll out each slice. Take the egg whites and add them to a small bowl. Lay down a slice of bread and brush egg whites on the outside edges of that slice. Really coat the edges because you’ll need it that way to seal the edges with the top piece of bread.
3. Now add your jam to the middle of the slice leaving room on the edges. Before adding your top piece, brush egg whites over the whole piece of bread. Now add that piece of bread on top and press down the edges to seal the pop tart. Use a fork to crimp the edges shut. If your fork sticks, brush more egg whites on that part and crimp again. Lastly, poke holes in the top of the pop tart with your fork to help it breathe when cooking. Repeat this process with all your pop tarts.
4. Spray your air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray and add as many pop tarts as you can in there comfortably to where they are not touching each other. That was 3 for me. Spray tops with non stick-cooking spray and air fry at 360 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
5. Once done, take out and let cool on a cooling rack. These are best consumed right after they cool! Add your frosting and topping and enjoy!