90g All Purpose Flour
16g Coconut Flour
6g Garlic Powder
4g Baking Powder
140g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
7 Light Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
1. Unwrap the mozzarella sticks and then put them in a freezer safe bag to freeze. By freezing up front, this ensures that the mozzarella sticks don’t melt when the outside breading of the sticks is cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (mozzarella sticks should be frozen). Now add the all purpose flour, coconut flour, garlic powder and baking powder to a bowl and mix together. Then add greek yogurt in the bowl and mix together. A food processor works best to combine the ingredients here. Either mix with a spoon or food processor until everything is combined to a thick dough.
3. Add the dough to the freezer to cool. Make sure to do this step to ensure the dough is easy to work with. Allow the dough to be in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Then add to the refrigerator if the mozzarella sticks are not frozen yet.
4. Once dough has chilled and is not sticky to the touch, add some cold water to a small bowl.
5. Now lay down a piece of parchment paper. Lightly wet your fingers/hand with the cold water. Roll the dough manually into a roll. Take a small part of the dough and make into the approximate length of a mozzarella stick. It shouldn’t be as thick as a mozzarella stick, go for about half the thickness.
6. Lay that piece onto the parchment paper and press a mozzarella stick into it. Then take another piece of dough the same size and press that on the sides of the
mozzarella stick that’s been placed down and starts to wrap it around the top and sides of the stick.
7. Take a small piece of dough and press it on the top to cover up the spots that are still uncovered. Repeat this process for all 7 cheese sticks.
*One pro tip is to make 7 large pieces and then 7 smaller pieces with the dough so all of the mozzarella sticks can be added at once without having to go back and forth!
8. Add to oven for 10-12 minutes (until the dough is golden on top) and then take out and enjoy!