INGREDIENTS FOR DOUGH:
70g All Purpose Flour
45g Level-1 or Protein of Choice
24g PB Party Protein Cookie Butter Powder
20g Almond Flour
8g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
140g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING:
32g Protein Peanut Butter per Pop Tart
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING:
32g Protein Cheesecake Frosting
1. Add your dry dough ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Then add your Greek yogurt and blend on slow until there’s a dough ball. Take the dough ball and put it in a bowl and then place it in the freezer to cool for 20-30 minutes. You do not want the dough to be sticky to the touch.
2. Once the dough is done cooling, lay a silicone rolling mat down and sprinkle flour on top. Cover the whole surface with flour to ensure sticking doesn’t occur.
3. Take 1/3rd of dough and roll it in the flour on the mat. Use the rolling pin to roll out the dough as much as you can. Be patient and gentle with the dough. You will start to accumulate some little sticky pieces on your rolling pin so make sure you are scraping those off as you go. Leaving dough residue on the rolling pin, will make it more difficult to roll out the dough evenly.
4. Once there is a large piece of dough rolled out, use the pizza cutter and slice out a rectangle pop tart shaped piece of dough. This will be the mold for the other pieces. Take that piece of dough and then add it onto another open spot of the dough that’s been rolled out so you can consistently cut out the same size pop tarts. Two pieces of rectangles equal one pop tart. 12 rectangles will make 6 pop tarts! The goal is to roll out 12 rectangles so keep that in mind!
5. Once all the dough has been used to form the 12 rectangles, lay down one of the pieces of dough and add filling (leave 1⁄3 for the icing on top of the pop tart) to the middle leaving at least an 1⁄2 inch around the edges so you can pinch the pop tart shut with the top piece. Add the rest of the filling/frosting to the fridge to keep it cool.
6. Brush on egg white wash around the edges where the filling is not. Then add the top piece of dough and press the edges shut. Add more egg white wash on top covering the whole pop tart. Press the edges shut and cut off the uneven edges with a pizza cutter. Crimp edges with a fork and poke holes in the top so the pop tart can breathe in the oven and doesn’t explode.
7. Air fry at 360 degrees F for 8 minutes. Carefully flip the pop tarts after 5 minutes. Then once done, carefully take out and add to a cooling rack. Use a fork to re-poke holes in the top to get the extra air out. Once cool, add desired toppings and enjoy!