1 Large Onion (about 300g of Onion I used after slicing into rings)
60g All Purpose Flour (only used 30g of it but like to have more in the bowl to make it easier to coat)
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
100g Panko Bread Crumbs (only used 75g but like to have more in the bowl to make it easier to coat)
1 Large Egg
50g Egg Whites
1. Slice your onion horizontally (from top to bottom with the onion on it’s side) into about 2 centimeter thick slices. You’ll notice the outside layers of the onion are pretty flimsy and weak so I choose to not use those 1-2 layers for the rings.
2. Now set up your 3 stations for the coating of the onion rings. First station is your all purpose flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together.
3. Next is your egg + egg white station. Whisk those together.
4. Last is your panko station. Add to your bowl.
5. The order for coating will be into the flour, then the eggs and last into the panko. I use the left hand dry, right hand wet technique to avoid my hands getting super clumpy. It’s a game changer.
6. So take an onion ring and add to your flour. Then add to your egg making sure all the areas on the onions are covered. Then add to your panko covering the whole onion with panko. Repeat this process for all your onion rings.
7. Now spray your air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray and then carefully add your onion rings to the tray. In order to fit as many as I can in there, I will add the smaller rings inside of the bigger rings. Just make sure the smaller ones are not touching the bigger ones because they won’t cook evenly if they are.
8. Spray tops of onion rings with non-stick cooking spray and then Air Fry on 360 Degrees F for 7-8 minutes. Repeat this process for all your onion rings and then it’s time to enjoy!