140g All Purpose Flour (can use Self Rising Flour and omit baking powder)
30g Level-1 or Protein of Choice
30g Red Velvet Protein Cookie Butter Powder
10g Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
6g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
4g Ground Cinnamon
8g Baking Powder
227g Plain NonFat Greek Yogurt
28g Light Butter
About 50 Drops of Red Food Coloring
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add all your cinnamon roll dough ingredients into your food processor and pulse till all is combined. Add to a bowl and add to the fridge for 20 minutes to cool.
2. While the dough is cooling, make your filling/frosting by adding all your ingredients into your food processor and process till you have smooth consistency. You’ll probably have to stop and scrape the sides a few times to make sure all is combined. Add to the fridge to cool and thicken up.
3. Now that your dough has cooled, lightly flour your rolling surface (I use an extra large one!), add your dough and then sprinkle a little bit more flour on top.
4. Now roll out your dough into a rectangle about 0.5in thick.
5. Add your frosting onto your roll to cover it all. This does not have to be too thick of a layer.
6. Carefully roll your cinnamon roll. I use a bread scraper to help with the rolling. They are like $6 and are a lifesaver for making anything with dough.
7. Once your cinnamon roll is formed, slice into 9 equal size cinnamon rolls.
8. Spray your 6.5 cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray and then evenly add your rolls to it. Add to the oven for 22 minutes.
9. Once done, let cool for 10 minutes. Then add your frosting on top, some homemade red velvet cake pieces and then enjoy!