POP TART DOUGH
70g All Purpose Flour
45g Level-1 or Protein of Choice
24g Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
20g Almond Flour
8g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
140 Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
PB FILLING AND ICING
30g Peanut Butter Flavored Whey/Casein Protein of choice (can use vanilla as well)
30g Powdered PB
8g Coconut Flour
8g Sugar Free/Fat Free Cheesecake Pudding Mix
5g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice
20g Creamy Peanut Butter
60g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
O P T I O N A L TO P P I N G S ( N OT I N THE MACROS ABOVE)
1. Add dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine. This can be done in a regular bowl if you don’t have a food processor.
2. Add greek yogurt to the food processor and pulse till there is a big dough ball.
3. Place the ball in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until it is cool to the touch and is easy to work with. While dough is cooling, make the peanut butter filling by adding all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mixing to avoid clumping. Slowly add cold water and mix and repeat till there is a thick cookie dough like consistency. Add greek yogurt and mix. The dough should be like a thick wet cookie dough not a dry one. Add water if necessary. Place in the fridge to keep cool.
4. I recommend getting a countertop silicone mat to use for rolling dough.
5. Add the silicone mat to the counter top and sprinkle some all purpose flour on top to help make it easier to roll out. Take 1/3rd of dough and roll in the flour on the mat. Use the rolling pin and roll out the dough as much as you can. Be patient and gentle with the dough.
6. Once dough starts sticking to the rolling pin, add a little bit more flour.
7. Repeat rolling process and once there is a large piece of dough rolled out use the pizza cutter and slice out a rectangle pop tart shaped piece of dough. This will be the mold for the other pieces. Take that piece of dough and then add it onto another open spot of the dough that’s been rolled out so you can consistently cut out the same size pop tarts. Two pieces of rectangles equal one pop tart. 8-10 rectangles will make 4-5 pop tarts!
8. Repeat this process until all of the dough has been used. Now lay down one of the pieces of dough and add filling (leave 1⁄3 for the icing on top of the pop tart) to the middle leaving at least an 1⁄2 inch around the edges so you can pinch the pop tart shut with the top piece. Add rest of filling/frosting to the fridge to keep it cool.
9. Brush on egg white wash around the edges where the filling is not. Then add the top piece of dough and press the edges shut. Add more egg white wash on top covering the whole pop tart.
10.Press the edges shut and cut off the uneven edges with a pizza cutter. Crimp edges with a fork and poke holes in the top so the pop tart can breath in the oven and doesn’t explode.
11. Add to the oven for 7 minutes on 400 degrees F. Take out and place on a cooling rack.
12.Once pop tarts are cool, add rest of frosting and whatever other toppings you want! Then enjoy!