1 Bag Brussel Sprouts
4g Sea Salt
Non Stick Olive Oil Spray (added 4g Fat from spray into macros)
1. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
2. Add water, vinegar and sea salt into a pot and bring to a bowl.
3. Add brussel sprouts to the pot and boil for 15 minutes or until they are smashable!
4. Prepare a bowl with ice and water to give the brussel sprouts a cold bath once they are done boiling. Add to cold bath for 1-2 minutes till cool.
5. Spray pan covered with parchment paper with non stick olive oil spray.
6. Now take a small plate to use as you smashing station for the brussel sprouts. This is important because a lot of water will come out of them when you smash them and you don’t want it to go all over the pan. Aka do this so they can be super firm and not soggy. I also had a small bowl next to me as well to pour the excess water that came out so I don’t have a swimming pool on the plate.
7. Now take one of your brussel sprouts and smash with the bottom of a cup. Carefully peel brussel sprouts off the bottom of the cup. Repeat this process for all of them.
8. Spray tops of brussel sprouts with non stick butter spray and then add sea salt on top.
9. Add to oven for 12 minutes. Flip and then add back into the oven for another 12 minutes! Then enjoy! I added some parmesan on top for a little extra flavor!