INGREDIENTS (MAKES 8 CHICKEN BREASTS FOR SANDWICHES):
48oz Chicken Breast
100g All Purpose Flour*
120g Panko Bread Crumbs
2 Large Eggs
Cholula Hot Sauce
SEASONING (DASH OF EACH)
REST OF INGREDIENTS:
8 Brioche Buns
8 Slices 2% Colby Jack Cheese
Fresh Sliced Tomato
Hamburger Pickle Slices
Green Leaf Lettuce
1. The first step will be taking your chicken breasts and flattening them out.
2. Now once you have your chicken breasts all flattened out, you will need to grab 3 shallow bowls to serve as coating stations for the chicken breasts. Add your flour and seasonings to one bowl. Then add your panko to another bowl. Lastly, add your eggs and cholula hot sauce to the last bowl and whisk.
3. In my chicken nuggets recipe, you see me using the dry hand/wet hand technique to cover the chicken. But here we must use two hands at all times because these are big chicken breasts! So take one of your chicken breasts and dip it into the flour covering all sides. Then dip it into the egg/hot sauce bowl covering it like you did in the flour. Then dip in the panko doing the same process. Add to a cutter board/plate to hold till you add to your air fryer. Repeat this process for all 8 chicken breasts.
4. I had to do this in 2 batches because my air fryer could hold 2 of the chicken breasts each time. So spray your air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray and add 2 of your chicken breasts. Spray the tops of them with your cooking spray and then cook at 360 degrees F for 9 minutes total. At the 5 minutes mark, you will flip the chicken breasts so they cook evenly.
5. Once done, now it’s time to make your sandwich! Slice each chicken breast in half and top each with a slice of your colby jack cheese. Add back to the air fryer for 3 minutes at 360 degrees F to melt the cheese! If you have a tooth pick, add it to the cheese to make sure it does fly around in the air fryer!
6. Once done, take out and put together your sandwich and enjoy!