6 Slices Bread (I used Sara Lee 45 Cal Bread)
30g StrawberryMilkshake Level-1 or Protein of Choice
8g Coconut Flour
4g Fat Free/Sugar White Chocolate Pudding Mix (Optional and didn’t use it in this recipe)
4g Zero Cal Sweetener of your choice (If you use the liquid stevia like I use, add 2 droppers full)
50g Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
30g Egg Whites
5 Drops of Red Food Coloring (optional)
A D D I T I O N A L TO P P I N G S ( N OT INCLUDED IN MACROS)
1 Strawberry Cheesecake Oreo
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add your dry ingredients (except for bread) into one bowl and mix to avoid clumping. Add 20ml of cold water and mix and repeat with 10ml at a time until there is a thick frosting consistency. Add greek yogurt to that bowl and mix in. Once thoroughly mixed, add to the freezer for 5 minutes.
2. Take a pizza cutter and slice off the crust of your bread slices. Add all of these bread slices to your food scale and get the total weight in order to track these accurately because the crust has removed the most calorically dense part of the bread. For example: all 12 slices weighed 114g and then divide by the weight of one slice (1 serving) by 26g. This yields 4.192 servings.
3. Add egg whites to a bowl. Take one slice of bread and dip the edges into the egg whites. Add filling to the middle. Take another slice of bread and dip the edges into the egg whites. Place this piece of bread on top of the other with the filling on it and press down the edges. Then crimp shut the edges with a fork and then take your pizza cutter to slice off any of the uneven edges. Repeat this process for all 3 pop tarts. Be sure to save about 1⁄3 of your frosting to add as the frosting on top!
4. Add pop tarts to an oven safe pan. Use a brush to coat the top of pop tart with egg whites. This will act as an egg wash to help golden your pies. Add to the oven for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on them.
5. While the pies are baking, take the dry protein icing ingredients and add to a bowl and mix to avoid clumping. Add in 20ml of cold water and mix. Then add in greek yogurt and mix that in as well. It’s optional to split the frosting in half here and add 5-7 drops of red food coloring to half the ingredients to yield the pink frosting shown in the picture. The more ingredients are mixed, the smoother it will get. Only add 10ml more cold water if needed. Add to freezer to chill.
6. Now once pop tarts are done, place on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Add the rest of your frosting on top of your pop tarts.