1.5lbs of Deveined Shrimp with Tails Removed
50g Fresh Red Pepper
50g Green Onion
28g Panko Bread Crumbs
INGREDIENTS FOR BANG BANG SAUCE: (ONLY USED 1⁄3 OF THIS PER PUT TOGETHER BURGER)
15g Light Mayo
45g Plain NonFat Greek Yogurt
INGREDIENTS FOR REST OF ONE BURGER:
1. Dice up your red pepper and green onion.
2. Now you are going to move into mincing your shrimp with your knife. You could just use your food processor if you want but the consistency of the burger is much better if you take your time and just do it with your knife.
3. Once you have a mince-like consistency, add your red pepper, green onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder to your shrimp. Mix it all together and then form into 4 equal sized burgers.
4. Now it’s time to make the bang bang sauce. Add your light mayo, greek yogurt and sriracha to your bowl and mix. That’s it!
5. Preheat your stove top pan (I used a cast iron skillet) on a 6/10 heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add your shrimp burger to the pan and then use your cast iron burgerpress to press it down to about 1in thick. Cook on that side for about 4-5 minutes or until a nice crust has formed.
6. Flip the burger and then cook on that side for another 4 minutes. Repeat this process for all your burgers.
7. Once melted, take your toasted brioche buns and add your mashed avocado to the bottom bun, then your shrimp burger, your bang bang sauce and then your top bun. Then it’s time to enjoy!